Cisco SPA112 2 Port Phone Adapter
Affordable and Feature-Rich Voice over IP (VoIP)
Eliminate compromise on voice quality or features for phone and fax capabilities associated with Internet voice over IP (VoIP) service. Cisco® VoIP solutions provide the quality, peace of mind, and investment protection at an affordable price.
The Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter enables high-quality VoIP service with a comprehensive feature set through a broadband Internet connection. Easy to install and use, it works over an IP network to connect analog phones and fax machines to a VoIP service provider and provides support for additional LAN connections.
The Cisco SPA112 includes two standard telephone ports to connect existing analog phones or fax machines to a VoIP service provider. Each phone line can be configured independently. With the Cisco SPA112, users can protect and extend their investment in their existing analog telephones, conference speakerphones, and fax machines as well as control their migration to IP voice with an extremely affordable, reliable solution.
Compact in design and compatible with international voice and data standards, the Cisco SPA112 can be used with residential, home-office, and small business VoIP service offerings, including full-featured hosted or open source IP PBX environments. This easy-to-use solution delivers advanced features to better connect employees and serve customers, all on a highly secure Cisco network.
The Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter (Figures 1 and 2):
- Enables high-quality VoIP service with a comprehensive feature set through a broadband Internet connection
- Provides high-quality, clear-sounding voice, using advanced voice quality-of-service (QoS) capabilities and the industry-leading voice Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) stack
- Supports reliable faxing with simultaneous voice and data use
- Includes two standard telephone ports, each with an independent phone number, for use with fax machines or analog phone devices
- Is compatible with all industry voice and data standards and common telephone features such as caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail
- Includes a simple-to-use web-based configuration utility for easy deployment
Key Features and Benefits
Toll-quality voice and carrier-class feature support
The Cisco SPA112 delivers clear, high-quality voice communication under a variety of network conditions. Excellent voice quality in challenging, changeable IP network environments is made possible through the advanced implementation of standard voice coding algorithms. The Cisco SPA112 is interoperable with common telephony equipment such as fax, voicemail, private branch exchanges (PBXs) and key telephone systems (KTSs), and interactive voice response systems.
Large-scale deployment and management
The Cisco SPA112 enables service providers to provide customized services to their subscribers. It can be remotely provisioned and supports dynamic, in-service software upgrades. A highly secure profile upload saves providers the time and expense of managing and preconfiguring or reconfiguring customer premises equipment (CPE) for deployment.
The Cisco SPA112 supports highly secure, encryption-based methods for communication, provisioning, and servicing.
Designed for small spaces, the Cisco SPA112 can be installed as a desktop unit or mounted on a wall.
Comprehensive feature set
The web-based configuration utility enables quick deployment and easy changes.
Easy installation and changes
Comprehensive feature set: The standards-based Cisco SPA112 is compatible with Internet VoIP provider features such as caller ID, call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding, distinctive ring, and much more to provide a complete, affordable, and highly reliable solution for high-quality VoIP.
Businesses that are growing rapidly can use the solution with other Cisco Unified Communications solutions, providing industry-leading investment protection.
Peace of mind
Cisco solutions deliver the solid reliability you expect from Cisco. All solution components have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy setup, interoperability, and performance.
- Data networking
- Voice gateway
- Voice features
- Fax capability
- Provisioning, administration, and maintenance
- Physical interfaces
- Subscriber line interface circuit (SLIC)
- Regulatory compliance
- Power supply
- Indicator lights and LEDs
- Dimensions: (3.98 x 3.98 x 1.10 in. (101 x 101 x 28 mm))
- Unit weight: 32 to 113ºF (0 to 45ºC)
- Storage temperature : –77 to 158ºF (–25 to 70ºC)
- Operating humidity :10 to 90% noncondensing
- Storage humidity : 10 to 90% noncondensing
- Product Warranty :1-year limited hardware warranty with return-to-factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty